From Ashland, take Highway 66 towards Klamath Falls. In about 17 miles, stop at the Greensprings Inn, on the right side of the highway. The marker is in front of the Inn, to the right of the entrance door.
This marker was installed by E Clampus Vitus in 2017. It notes the history of the Greensprings area, including the establishment of the Applegate Trail in 1846, a new Jackson County road in 1868, the Southern Oregon Wagon Trail in 1873, and the current route of Highway 66 in 1919.